Thursday, July 31, 2008

Elijah Week

Well this has been quite the week for baby Elijah. He underwent hormone testing on Tuesday which was a pretty rough experience. They couldn't get an I.V. started (shocker) so they stuck him over 6 times before calling it quits and ended up giving him the hormone Cortisol through a a big shot in his leg. Poor little guy cried and cried. After a few hours they came back into the room to draw the blood, seeing that they didn't have an IV they pricked his finger and squeezed and dripped the blood into a vile, and they repeated this until the entire tube was filled.
It is possibly one of the worst feelings, sitting there helpless why your baby has to endure so much. We will get the results of the hormone testing in about a week and then we will just have to go from there.
Seeing that the hormone testing wasn't enough he had to go into the Dr today to get his 12 month baby shots. I know you are thinking, "12 months, but he is 16 months"? And you are correct. He was so sick and underweight for so long they wouldn't give him his shots until now. He again cried and screamed and looked at me like, "enough already"!!!!!!
So with all this going on he still had his therapies which I might add he did very well at. He did get frustrated today in speech/feeding therapy with Ms. Cindi because she was trying to help him get the star puff into his mouth and he wanted to do it on his own, what a big boy!
All in all it has been quite the week and we get to repeat it again next week cause he goes to Dallas Children's Hospital to meet with another geneticist and metabolic doctor. Please keep us in your prayers that we can endure and at the same time be peaceful and happybecause these visits are very wearing on both of us. However, he is our little fighter and staying positive is the best thing I can do!=) Below are some FANTASTIC pics of Eli learning how to eat!!



10 comments:

Lori, Adam, Melea & Addison said...

I just wanted you all to know that although we have never met your sweet Elijah, he has been heavy on my heart and myself, (and my kids) have been praying for him. Many blessings for you all through this time. I LOVE your blog and feel I have re-connected with you, Breanne, and met your family though it! I wish we lived closer!
Love, Lori, Adam, Melea 'n Addison

mommyreview.com said...

Elijah is a little warrior bless his heart! You're an Amazing Mommy!!!
Love you!!

Unknown said...

Muah!!!!

Unknown said...

Muah!!!!

Romberg Family said...

He is loosing that baby look and starting to look like a little man!!! Reese misses him!!!

The Stiles Family said...

Stay strong. It is hard to see our babies is pain. He is lucky to have you:)

Unknown said...

wow the boys have grown up so much...crazy. i miss all of you and hope to visit in the near future! i cant believe how big they are both getting. eli is always in our prayers and you too of course mom and dad :) hang in there! you are strong and you have god on your side. love you guys!

Kimi said...

He must be a tough little man and you have got to be one awesome Mommy! I wouldn't have expected anything less. You are in my thoughts. :o)

GioMitchTrev said...

I will continue to pray for you and your family. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

The Giggling Begins... said...

What a little strong guy! He's precious! What a trooper! I will be thinking of him and you guys. I can't imagine what you go through. You're an amazing mom! Take care!