Sunday, December 21, 2008

Storytime

Hello! I have to say the we all know the phrase that kids say the darnedest things?! Well this is a good one!
So we were at Church last night and we had done our usual rounds of dropping of the kids in their separate rooms. We made our way into church and then I came back out and into the nursery to check on Elijah because he had been crying when we dropped him off.
As I walked into the nursery I saw that the door to Elijah's room was closed, that means the waterworks were in progress. I made my way over to his room and along the way I heard Gavin's class having their Christmas party and he was chatting the ear off of the teacher (surprise surprise) that he calls "Grandma", too cute. So I took a second to pause and listen in on what he was telling her (Elijah had already melted so a few extra seconds wouldn't hurt?) =) As I spyed on Gavin's little party I heard him telling the teacher, "My Auntie Shell is comin. My Auntie Shell is comin!" The teacher replied, "Oh really, Auntie Shell?? Shes coming??" Like the poor teacher is supposed to know who "Shell" is. Gavin seeming to get a little frustrated at this point because the teacher didn't know Auntie Shell replied, "YESSSSS my Auntie Shell is comin! She is comin to my house! She is comin to play with me for a little while!" The teacher giggled and said,"Ohhh your Auntie Shell is comin!" Gavin had this look of pure agitation and said,"YEAH that's what I said, my Auntie Shell...uugghh!!!!!" By this point myself and another teacher were both listening in and we both could not contain ourselves from laughing. She too thought Gavin was hilarious and so animated. I couldn't stop from giggling and thought to myself that Gavin is such a piece of work!
Oh, and yes I did go get Elijah. He stopped crying and smiled once I picked him up. Little stinker!

No comments: