Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Balancing!

Ok so as some of you know Elijah HATES to be "unstable" so to speak. He still has that infant feeling of falling because his nervous system being immature, and never likes to be spun, thrown (that's a daddy thing) or balancing on objects. If he feels unstable he usually loses it. So, the other day in therapy after he got all of his new tape on, his therapist Heather decided it was time to test the balancing thing again. I had begun to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for some serious waterworks and kicking fits, but to my surprise this is what he did..he SMILED! It was awesome. Both Heather and I looked at each other and laughed we were so excited! I wanted to yell out, "Way to go Eli, Mommy's so proud!" but then decided against that thinking that my yelling like a mad woman would probably terrify the kid while he's trying to balance and most likely not produce the results from him that I would have wanted! =) We are so proud of him, this balancing had been a long time coming for our little guy! "Whoo-hooo Elijah!"





1 comment:

Carly Peters said...

I'm so proud of him. How exciting to see all his progress. He is so cute!