Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Elijah's 1st Bday

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY ELIJAH!
Our sweet Elijah had his first birthday on Sunday and sad to say we had to cancel his birthday party on Saturday because he was still sick. So, we opted for a Bullard Sunday cupcake extravaganza! At first Eli didn't know what to make of the colorful object that his Daddy had placed in front of him, but he soon figured it out. Gavin also had a blast assisting in the demolition of the cupcake. What are big brothers for! =)
We feel so blessed and had so much to celebrate! What a year it has been for Eli! He has had to face and overcome so much already in his short life. The Lord has truly blessed our family with Elijah and his sweet spirit and we know that His hand is continuously at work in Eli's life and the life of our family. Elijah is a fighter and we know he will continue to fight, smile along the way and continue to bless us and amaze us everyday. We love you sweet boy!
"I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18 :1-2

He was not sure what to think of the cupcake or the silly hat!
Now he is getting the hang of it!
Messy messy messy!
Big brother helping!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

ADORABLE!!!Happy Birthday Eli!

Shannon said...

Can't believe it's been a year! He is so cute with his "cupcake face"! Love you guys!