Saturday, April 26, 2008

Joy & Fun

We love eachother so much!

Hi Friends and Family! We have been settling in to the now warmer weather here in Texas. A few good storms, and alot of yard work!! =) We recently planted some flowers in the front yard, or shall I say I placed the flowers where I wanted them and Mike planted them. I'm not a fan of creatures that crawl. It looks pretty and we are gearing up for the summer months ahead.

With the warmer months approaching we bought a little plastic pool for the boys to play in. We thought they would have lots of fun, however, we did not intend it to become Rusty's pool as well. Gavin laughs and laughs because Rusty splashes around in the pool with him trying to get the cars that Gavin has decided to dump in there ( that is after Mommy said "no" but as you can see I did not win that battle). Gavin is doing great in school and loves his classmates and teachers. It is funny picking him up from school because he seems so big boy and all the little girls in his class walk him out and they are all chiming "Bye Gavin, bye Gavin, see you tomorrow"! So cute!

As far as the rest of us Bullards, we have all been busy with school, work, Monday night softball games, bible studies, and the biggest event of all is that Elijah sitting up on his own!!!!!!! Can you believe it!!!! He could sit with some assistance, but now he sits on his own and he can get himself from a laying position to a sitting position all by himself.We were so excited we didn't know what to do, and Elijah saw our excitement and started laughing. I would probably laugh too if I were him. We looked like a family of spazes cheering him on.=) Gavin cheered for his little brother and told him "Good job Eli"! We were just so excited for him.

I remember a conversation that Mike and I had recently with his pediatrician, (his pediatrician also has a special needs child) who said, that when you have a child who has special needs, watching them hit their milestones is such a joyful experience. Not that you are not excited for your other children when they accomplish such events, but it is the knowing and understanding of the great obstacles that are before them that they had to overcome to get to this point.That is what I felt, pure JOY! I wanted to laugh and cry all at the same time because I know what it has taken for him to get to this point. All of the countless hours of therapy that he goes through weekly, and it has paid off! We couldnt be happier.

We have been discussing joy in our women's bible study Thursday nights. We have been focusing on the different types of joy, but either way, they have been portraying a type of joy that only the Lord can provide. A joy that fills your heart and spirit, and this week I thought to myself "Wow! I would love to feel that kind of joy" and now I have. God is so good!

" Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight." Ps. 43:3-4

Gavin and Rusty, getting into trouble together.

Big Boy



3 comments:

Melanie said...

Your boys are so stinkin' sweet! By the way, your blog is also adorable!

Carly Peters said...

Ahh, I can totally relate to the joy you feel when Eli hits a milestone. I agree with what you feel. Yeah, Eli. Can't wait to see you grow up and Gavin too. Of course all the girls are after him, I'm not surprised at all. Love ya friend!

Whitney said...

How exciting!! Yea Eli!!!