Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Insane Day

Well people used to tell me, "kids do and say the darn-dest things". Do they ever! So Gavin has been in what I would like to characterize as quite a "mood" lately, and that my friends, is an understatement. WOW! He has been so difficult. "No" to this or that (even things he had just asked for, I go to hand it to him and its a no Mommy that's icky), "I can do it" or the "Go away Mommy I got it" or "This is mine not Mommy's" or the " Don't look at me while I try to go tinkle on the potty" and my all time favorite "I no like it"! AARRGGHH!!!!! There have been pivotal moments in the past few days where there was serious talk of a breakdown on Mommy's behalf.

The real kicker was today. Have you ever heard the expression "woke up on the wrong side of the bed"? Well, Gavin must have done a roll, two somersaults and a back flip off his bed today!!!Mike and I were shaking our heads and couldn't figure out what his deal was. So, before lunch he had been whiny all morning and then I thought well he likes apples lets give him an apple. He agreed gleefully I might add and then I go to hand it to him, and he starts crying saying "I no like apples they are icky mommy"! I replied with, " Gavin you are seriously driving Mommy BONKERS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So here's the funny part I swear. He runs from the kitchen, into Mike's office where Mike is working and yells out while he is crying, " I NO BONKERS DADDY! I NO BONKERS!!!!!!" We both lost it laughing. That didn't help the situation, but either we laugh or we lose it.
Anyhow, that has been my insane toddler day! Enjoy!

3 comments:

mommyreview.com said...

I feel your insanity! Toddlers are not easy to deal with :P Bonkers is right!

Melanie said...

Feeling your pain my friend! Hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Shannon said...

Just keep laughing!!! And remind me that I need to keep laughing when Sadie is that age! Love ya!